Collecting Personal Information
We collect information about you when you make a purchase online. This information may include your name, date of birth, address, zip code and/or email address. We consider information that personally identifies you, such as your name, date of birth and email address information, and other data that is linked to such information, to be personal information.
When you make a purchase online, we collect transactional information related to your purchase (i.e., what you bought, the price you paid, the payment method you used).
We also collect some personal information when you use other features of the Site.
When you are using our Site, we log your IP address (a number that identifies your computer on the Internet) for system administration, troubleshooting and to examine overall traffic trends. For example, IP addresses help us determine the percentage of people coming from various online gateways, such as Google or Yahoo!. This information is collected in aggregate and linked to your personal information when you provide it to Black Opal Arcade.
Another tool we use is called a cookie, which is a small data file stored on your computer that allows us to customize portions of our site to your preferences. The cookie, by itself, doesn't provide any personal information, such as your name or email address. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) However, you may not be able to use some features of the Site if you set your browser to reject cookies.
You can browse our Site and read our editorial content without providing any personal information. However, you must register with our Site and provide personal information, in order to make a purchase.
How We May Use Your Information
In order to serve you better, we may combine the information you provide us and the information we have from your purchases online. We may also utilize information that is publicly available. This information, in total, is used to improve your overall experience with our company. Here are the ways we may use information about you in order to enhance your shopping experience at Black Opal Arcade:
· To complete your purchases. We use information about your transactions, including personal information you have provided, in order to process payments you have made and deliver products you have ordered. In doing so, we may transmit payment information to third parties, such as banks, credit card companies or payment clearance services. We may also provide shipping information to third parties in order to permit them to deliver products to you.
· For marketing and promotional purposes. We send targeted direct mail to our customers about products or events that we think may be of interest, based on past purchases at Black Opal Arcade. We may also send offers for discounts or promotions and information about campaigns, new products or new features. In addition, we send email communications to let customers know about promotions, organizational tips, and the most up-to-date happenings at Black Opal Arcade.
· To enhance your online shopping experience. For example, we may use information about you to recognize you and welcome you back to the site, personalizing your shopping experience.
Sharing Your Information and Third-party Partnerships
On occasion, Black Opal Arcade shares information collected from our customers with selected third-party companies that assist the company in advertising and marketing efforts. For example, we may retain an outside company to help us with customer research or to manage a customer database, to send direct mail, or to send email messages. The information we provide to third parties for such purposes may include your name, address, email address and purchase information, which will help us target marketing communications. The third parties to which we provide such information agree to keep it confidential, and may not use it to send advertisements or other communications on behalf of anyone other than Black Opal Arcade. Black Opal Arcade also provides some anonymous information about customer purchases to third-party companies that assist us with advertising and promoting our products and services.
We participate in special partnerships with other companies that we believe offer products or services that our customers would be interested in and would benefit from. We do not share customers' personal information with these partner companies. Customers may receive information about these partnerships and related promotions directly from Black Opal Arcade or from the third-party companies that assist us with marketing.
Black Opal Arcade may also enter into a "co-branding" relationship with another company, or organization. At times, we may communicate with customers on behalf of that company and customers may be directed to a partner website to purchase a specific item or learn about their services. In these cases, both Black Opal Arcade and the partner company may receive personal information you provide.
Additionally, like many other companies, Black Opal Arcade may use outside marketing companies to place advertisements or links on other websites. The marketing company or the operator of the website where an advertisement or link appears may collect information about people who click on an advertisement or link to Black Opal Arcade. Black Opal Arcade is not responsible for the collection or use of information by such marketing companies or third-party websites.
Third parties may receive your personal information because you have visited their websites or accessed their links. Please refer to their privacy policies to learn about how they handle your personal information. Please note that Black Opal Arcade has no control over the privacy practices of other companies of websites, and we do not assume any responsibility or liability for any third-party's data collection or disclosure practices, their failure to abide by their privacy policies, or the content of their websites.
In the event that Black Opal Arcade is merged with or acquired by another company, or in the event of a transfer of our assets, we may disclose or transfer personal information and other information about usage of the site in connection with such a transaction. In the event of such a transfer, we will notify you of the change of control of your personal information. You should also be aware that courts may have the authority under certain circumstances to permit personal information and other information about usage of the site to be shared or transferred to third parties without your permission.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Security of Our Site
Black Opal Arcade maintains security procedures designed to keep information we own, license and process from being accessed by any unauthorized person or business. We use a variety of multi-level security systems to control access to our systems and the data that we house. Our enterprise security operations center maintains real-time monitoring for information system vulnerabilities and unauthorized access attempts into our internal systems. We also maintain physical security for our facilities and limit access to certain critical areas of our business.
We take reasonable precautions to ensure our security procedures are adequate for the protection of our computer systems and data, but this does not eliminate the possibility that our security will be breached. If a security breach causes Black Opal Arcade leadership to believe individual consumers are at actual risk for identity theft or other fraudulent activities that may cause substantial harm or inconvenience to consumers or if such breach otherwise requires public notification, Black Opal Arcade will post a security alert notice on our website that will provide relevant information for consumers to consider to protect against fraudulent and other harmful actions that may result from the unauthorized access.
Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to or from our Site, and you do so at your own risk. Accordingly, we disclaim liability for any theft, loss, or interception of, or any unauthorized access or damage to any data or communications. By using the Site, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
· Information Rental, Sale or Exchange. Black Opal Arcade does not rent, sell, or otherwise share personal information related to you to third parties for the third parties own marketing purposes.
· Direct Mail Opt-Out. All of our catalogs and direct mailers have information printed on them (generally on the address panel) giving customers notice on how to optout of our direct mail promotions. To be removed from future mailings from Black Opal Arcade, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with message,to remove your name from our future mailings. Your request is processed as quickly as possible. Due to mailing lead times however, it is possible that you may receive a few more mailings from us. After six to eight days, you should no longer receive mailings from Black Opal Arcade.
· Email Opt-Out. All of our marketing emails include a link for unsubscribing to our emails. We will apply your unsubscribe request as quickly as possible. There may be promotional email campaigns in process and you may continue to receive emails from us for a few days. We require up to ten days to apply your unsubscribe request. After this time, you will no longer receive marketing emails from Black Opal Arcade. You may still receive emails regarding your transactions; for example, confirming that you have placed an purhase or that a product you have ordered has been shipped.
Acceptance of Terms
If there are material changes in the way we will use or share information related to you we will provide email notification to you with an opportunity to opt-out of these changes.
Children and Privacy
Black Opal Arcade Site is not directed to children under the age of 18 years. We will never request personally identifiable information from anyone whom we know to be under the age of 18 without verifiable parental consent. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old. If we become aware that a customer is under the age of 18 and has registered without prior verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her personally identifiable registration information.
We do not share the information you provide in the online application to anyone outside of The Container Store and HRsmart, except as we believe is required by law.
If you need any other information, please submit your requests or questions to Black Opal Arcade PTY, LTD, 30 Arcadia Street, Arcadia Vale 2283 NSW, Australia or email us at email@example.com. Please allow 30 days for a response.
Copyright 2009-2010 Black Opal Arcade